Endeavors engages its readers in the intellectual life of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill by conveying the excitement of creativity, discovery, and the rigors and risks of the quest for new knowledge.
Endeavors magazine takes you places—inside a blood cell, to the top of a volcano, behind the door of an artist’s studio. As the research magazine of UNC-Chapel Hill, we tell the stories of faculty, staff, and students working in all fields, including arts and humanities, social sciences, medicine, physical sciences, and more.
As part of its Circle of Excellence program, the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) has recognized Endeavors with the following awards:
- Silver medal, Periodical Staff Writing for External Audiences, 2010
- Silver medal, Research Magazines, 2007
- Gold medal, Research Magazines, 2006
- Gold medal, Periodical Staff Writing for External Audiences, 2006
- Silver medal, Individual Photography, 2005, for Jason Smith’s image of a girl playing in a fountain
- Bronze medal, Best Articles of the Year, 2004, for Neil Caudle’s article, “Mole in the Mouse House”
- Award of Excellence, CASE Advancement Awards competition, 2000
From winter 1984 to winter 2012, Endeavors was published three times a year by the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. State budget cuts forced us to discontinue the printed magazine in 2012.
- Susan Hardy: Editor
- Mary Lide Parker: Writer and video producer
- Darren Abrecht: Webmaster
- Ashita Gona: Communications Intern
Please send comments, requests for permission to reprint material, and other requests to:
CB 4106, Bynum Hall #307
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-4106
phone: (919) 962-6136